Aurivet® is indicated for the treatment of acute and chronic external otitis in dogs and cats.
• Clotrimazole: topical antifungal from the group of Imidazoles. Action spectrum: Malassezia pachydermatis and Candida albicans.
• Gentamycin: aminoglycoside with bactericidal activity, that acts on the 30S ribosomal subunit of bactéria, interrupting bacterial cell synthesis. Action spectrum: Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Streptococcus canis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Proteus mirabilis, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Escherichia coli and Enterobacter aerogenes.
• Betamethasone Valerate: potent glucocorticoid that fights symptoms inflammation (heat, flushing, pain), suppressing itching and irritation in auditory canal.
• Benzocaine: promotes local anesthesia, relieving ear pain caused by inflammation.
Product for topical use.
• Dogs weighing up to 15 kg and cats: instill 4 drops in the ear, 2 (twice) per day, for 15 consecutive days.
• Dogs weighing more than 15 kg: instill 8 drops in the ear, 2 (twice) per day, for 15 consecutive days.
It is important to massage the ear after each application to ensure perfect distribution of the medication. Treatment should be maintained for 48 hours after disappearance of the symptoms. The ears should be cleaned for the treatment to be effective. There are no reports of side effects and/or adverse reactions to the components of the formula.
|Gentamicin (sulfate)||0,846 g|
|Betamethasone (valerate)||0,151 g|
|Excipient q.s.||100,000 g|
Tube containing 13 g.