Ornitil® helps in the transformation of toxic products resulting from the metabolization of proteins, into less toxic substances, liable to be excreted or reused. The main metabolite produced by these reactions is ammonia, which should be transformed into urea through the urea cycle or Krebs-Henseleit. During the cycle, the participation of Ornithine, Citrulline and Arginine are fundamental for the transformation of ammonia and the elimination of urea.
• Efficient antitoxic and it helps the hepatic metabolism;
• Active ingredients considered essential for conversion of toxic by products derived from protein metabolism.
Ornitil® is indicated for dogs and cats to helps the hepatic metabolism and the treatment of disability states of the ingredients that make up the product formula.
By intravenous or subcutaneous route, once a day, during 4 to 7 days.
• Dogs and cats: 1 mL/kg of body weight, until the maximum dose of 10 mL.
• Acts as an antitoxic agent;
• t helps hepatic metabolism;
• Support in the treatment of exogenous intoxication;
• In hyperproteic treatments and hyperammonemia (metabolic disease);
• In non-infectious intoxication;
• Hepatic function disorders caused by spoiled food.
|L-Ornithine Aspartate||2,0 g|
|L-Arginine Hydrochloride||7,5 g|
|Acetyl Methionine||1,0 g|
|Choline hydrochloride||1,0 g|
|Vehicle q.s.||100 mL|
Vial containing 100 mL.